Finasteride 1 mg. 28 tablets
What is Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets and what is it used for
Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets contain finasteride. Finasteride belongs to a group of medicines called 5α-reductase inhibitors.
Your doctor prescribed Finasteride Chord 1 mg film-coated tablets because you have male hair loss type (also known as androgenic alopecia). Finasteride Chord 1 mg film-coated tablets prevent further hair loss in men. Men with mild to medium but not complete hair loss may benefit from the use of Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets. Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets block an important enzyme (type II 5a-reductase) that is involved in the regulation of the hair follicle.
In the scalp, Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets specifically lower dihydrotestosterone (DHT) levels, a major cause of male hair loss. Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets thus help stop the balding process and prevent further hair loss.
2. What you need to know before taking Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets
Do not take Finasteride 1 mg:
• If you are allergic to finasteride or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6).
• If you are a child or a teenager.
• If you are a woman (see also section "Pregnancy and lactation"). In clinical studies, Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets have been shown to be ineffective in treating hair loss (androgenic alopecia) in women.
• If you are already taking finasteride or any other 5α-reductase inhibitor for benign prostatic hyperplasia or any other condition.
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets.
Serum-specific prostate specific antigen (PSA) should be determined before initiating finasteride treatment and during therapy with patients.
Finasteride may affect male fertility. Patients planning to have a baby should consider stopping treatment.
Other medicines and Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines. Finasteride Chord 1 mg film-coated tablets usually do not interact with other medicines.
There is no information available on the concurrent use of Finasteride Accord 1 mg film-coated tablets and topical minoxidil (applied to the skin) in male hair loss types. The combination is not recommended.
Taking Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets with food and drink
Finasteride 1 mg can be taken with or without food.
Pregnancy, breastfeeding and fertility
Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets are for male only use.
Women who are pregnant or may become pregnant should not touch broken or broken tablets containing finasteride. If finasteride is absorbed through the skin or taken orally by a pregnant woman with a male fetus, the baby may be born with deformed genitals.
When the patient's intimate partner is pregnant or may become pregnant, the patient is advised to minimize contact with his semen (eg by using condoms) or to discontinue finasteride.
Driving and using machines
There are no data to suggest that Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets affect the ability to drive and use machines.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Finasteride Chord 1 mg film-coated tablets
This medicinal product contains lactose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
3. How to take Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. If you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
The recommended dose is one Finasteride tablet 1 mg daily (equivalent to 1 mg finasteride).
The film-coated tablets can be taken either on an empty stomach or with food. The film-coated tablets should be swallowed whole and not split or crushed.
• Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets will not work faster or better if you take them more than once a day.
• Male type of hair loss is a condition that develops over a long period of time. Most often, daily use is required for 3 to 6 months before you notice any increase in hair density or decrease in hair loss.
• Your doctor will help you evaluate whether Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets are working. It is important that you continue to take Finasteride Chord 1 mg film-coated tablets for as long as your doctor has prescribed.
Patients with impaired hepatic function
There are no data on the use of Finasteride Chord 1 mg film-coated tablets in patients with impaired hepatic function.
Patients with impaired renal function
Patients with impaired hepatic function
There are no data on the use of Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets in patients with impaired hepatic function.
Patients with impaired renal function
No dose adjustment is necessary in patients with impaired renal function.
If you take more Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets
If you take more Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets, or if someone else takes Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets, contact the nearest hospital emergency department immediately. Show your doctor the other tablets or pack of your medicine.
If you forget to take Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets
If you forget to take one dose of Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets, just continue with the next dose as usual. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
If you stop taking Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets
For maximum benefit, continuous use of Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets is recommended. If treatment is discontinued in the meantime, you will probably lose the hair you acquired within the next 9 to 12 months.
If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4. Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Stop taking Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets and contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following symptoms (angioedema):
• swelling of the face, tongue or throat
• difficulty swallowing
• hives and difficulty breathing
Usually the side effects are temporary with prolonged treatment or disappear when treatment is discontinued.
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people):
• Reduced desire for sex
• difficult erection
• problems with ejaculation, such as a decrease in the volume of semen released.
With unknown frequency:
• allergic reactions such as rash, itching, hives (hives) and swelling of the lips and face
• breast swelling or tenderness
• testicular pain
• heart rate increase
• erectile dysfunction after discontinuation of treatment
• a steady decline in sexual desire after cessation of treatment
• persistent ejaculation problems after discontinuation of treatment
• there have been reports of infertility in men »who have taken finasteride for a long time and have other risk factors that may affect fertility. Normalization or improvement of semen quality has been reported after discontinuation of finasteride. Long-term clinical studies on the effect of finasteride on male fertility have not been conducted.
• changes in liver function that can be shown by blood tests.
5. How to store Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
The medicinal product does not require any special storage conditions.
Do not use Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets after the expiry date which is stated on the pack. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines you no longer use. These measures will help to protect the environment.
6. Contents of the pack and other information
What Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets contains
The active substance is finasteride. Each film-coated tablet contains 1 mg finasteride.
The other ingredients are:
Tablet core: lactose monohydrate; microcrystalline cellulose (E460); pregelatinized starch; sodium starch glycolate (type A); lauryl macrogolglycerides; magnesium stearate (E572).
Film coating: hypromellose (E464), titanium dioxide (E171), macrogol 6000, red iron oxide (E 172), yellow iron oxide (E 172).
What Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets look like and contents of the pack:
Finasteride 1 mg is a reddish-brown, round, biconvex, film-coated tablet, with "F1" on one side and no label on the other.
Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets are packaged in aluminum-aluminum blisters in packs of 28, 30, 84 o